Requirement for successful candidates for the PhD program is a Master’s (or qualified equivalent degree) in Speech and language pathology, Psycho-/ Neurolinguistics, Clinical Linguistics or other language-related fields with a very good grade (at least a B or the equivalent).
Further requirements for successful candidates include:
- outstanding academic achievement
- excellent oral and written English language skills
- aptitude for original, independent and creative work
- research experience
There are a limited number of scholarships available to support IDEALAB students. Currently the majority of scholarships will have either Macquarie University or Groningen University as a home university.
To make clear reference to the joint doctoral training at the partner universities, there are common application and selection procedures, common quality assessment and program monitoring. Moreover, the partner universities offer jointly supervised research lines. Candidates are highly recommended to write a proposal that fits into one of these research lines. It is also possible to suggest other project proposals that centre around language and brain. In this case, please name two potential supervisors. It is mandatory to contact and get provisional agreement from a potential supervisor prior to application.
Please contact the IDEALAB Director at one of the full partners for further assistance of potential supervisors:
Potsdam University: Dr Barbara Höhle
Macquarie University: Dr Lyndsey Nickels
Groningen University: Dr Roelien Bastiaanse
Trento University: Dr Gabriele Miceli
Newcastle University: Dr David Howard
Next application period: from 1st of December 2017 to 28th of February 2018
- a personal and academic curriculum vitae,
- a description of the motivation for applying to the program,
- a 8-10 pages research proposal (see template),
- research-motivated preference for a home university and
- the mobility plan,
- a certified copy of highest degree certificates and
- of academic records,
- reference letters of two academics in English,
- a proof of sufficient English language knowledge, and
- a copy of the identification papers or passport.
- Master students can apply prior to the degree if they do a 2-years program and have been awarded at least 60 ECTS in the first year; in case of selection for the program the offer will be conditional not only on completing the Masters but also on grades - both overall and (particularly) of the thesis.
To apply for IDEALAB please send an email to Anja Papke: email@example.com
You will receive an application form.
Afterwards please send your scanned filled application form with all required documents to Anja Papke.
The first application round will be finished end of April and you will receive a notification.
Preselected candidates receive an invitation to a Skype-interview.