Requirement for successful candidates for the PhD program is a Master’s (or qualified equivalent degree) in Speech and language pathology, Psycho-/ Neurolinguistics, Clinical Linguistics or other language-related fields with a very good grade (at least a B or the equivalent).
Further requirements for successful candidates include:
- outstanding academic achievement
- excellent oral and written English language skills
- aptitude for original, independent and creative work
- research experience
Currently there is no Erasmus Mundus funding available to support new PhD Candidates.
To make clear reference to the joint doctoral training at the partner universities, there are common application and selection procedures, common quality assessment and program monitoring. Moreover, the partner universities offer jointly supervised research lines. Candidates are highly recommended to write a proposal that fits into one of these research lines. It is also possible to suggest other project proposals that center around language and brain. In this case, please name two potential supervisors.
Next application period: from 1st of December 2016 to 28th of February 2017
- a personal and academic curriculum vitae,
- a description of the motivation for applying to the program,
- a 8-10 pages research proposal (see template),
- research-motivated preference for a home university and
- the mobility plan,
- a certified copy of highest degree certificates and
- of academic records,
- reference letters of two academics in English,
- a proof of sufficient English language knowledge, and
- a copy of the identification papers or passport.
- Master students can apply prior to the degree if they do a 2-years program and have been awarded at least 60 ECTS in the first year; in case of selection for the program the offer will be conditional not only on completing the Masters but also on grades - both overall and (particularly) of the thesis.
To apply for IDEALAB please send an email to Anja Papke: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive an application form.
Afterwards please send your scanned filled application form with all required documents to Anja Papke.
The first application round will be finished end of April and you will receive a notification.
Preselected candidates receive an invitation to a Skype-interview.